Senior Living in Seymour, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Seymour, CT: 06483
- Seymour scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Seymour scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, Hospital Of St Raphael, and Yale-new Haven Hospital.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Knoll Health Center, Birmingham Health Center, and Marshall Lane Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 449 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including The Golf Club at Oxford Greens, Woodbridge Country Club, and Oak Lane Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Indian Well State Park, Kettletown State Park, and West Rock Ridge State Park.
- There are 253 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, St Augustine\'s Lower Church, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 299 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 152 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,684, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,482, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,466, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Seymour receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Seymour has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Seymour has an average population density of 1,139.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Seymour have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Seymour has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.85%.