Senior Living in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sharon Hill, PA: 19079
- Sharon Hill scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sharon Hill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 43 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and St Agnes Medical Center.
- There are 198 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Little Flower Manor, St Francis Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and White Cliff Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1413 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 166 golf courses in or around the city, including McCall Field Golf Course, Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Governor Printz Park, and Bartram\'s Garden.
- There are 669 churches in or near the city, including First African Baptist Church, Highway Church of Christ, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1029 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 373 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,796, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,474, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,727, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.36%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sharon Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sharon Hill has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Sharon Hill has a dense population density of 4,963.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sharon Hill have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Sharon Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.45%.