Senior Living in Sharon, Vermont
Top zip codes in Sharon, VT: 05065
- Sharon scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Sharon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital and White River Jct Va Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Action Center, Kendal at Hanover, and Merry Meadow Farm.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The), Hanover Country Club, and Quechee Club, The -Lakeland.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Nathan\'s Garden, Storrs Pond Recreation Area, and Quechee Ski Hill.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Sharon Congregational Church, Unitarian Universalist, and North Pomfret Congregational Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,771, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,786, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sharon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Sharon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Sharon has a very sparse population density of 33.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sharon have an average daily commute time.
- Sharon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.17%.