Senior Living in Shartlesville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Shartlesville, PA: 19554
- Shartlesville scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Shartlesville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wernersville State Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurel Center, Berks Leisure Living, and Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Heidelberg Country Club, Green Acres Golf Club, and Farview Greens Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Appalachian RV Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Christmas Pines Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas United Church-Christ, St John\'s United Ch of Christ, and Zion Blue Mountain United Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,071, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,398, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,539, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.90%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shartlesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Shartlesville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Shartlesville has an average population density of 825.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shartlesville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Shartlesville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.19%.