Senior Living in Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Top zip codes in Sheffield Lake, OH: 44054
- Sheffield Lake scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Sheffield Lake scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Regional Medical Center, Emh Regional Medical Center, and St John Medical Center.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including RNS Adult Care Home, Avon Oaks, and Safe Haven Elder Care, LLC.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 248 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Avon Oaks Country Club, Avondale Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Bob O\' Link Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Army National Guard, John Repko Field, and The Canine Club.
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas Church, First Baptist Church Sheffield, and St Teresa Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 60 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,296, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,442, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,393, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sheffield Lake receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Sheffield Lake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Sheffield Lake has an average population density of 1,006.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sheffield Lake have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Sheffield Lake has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.38%.