Senior Living in Sheffield, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sheffield, PA: 16347
- Sheffield scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sheffield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Warren General Hospital and Warren State Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Lutheran Home at Kane, Presidential Place-Madison Avenue, and Warren Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Conewango Valley Country Club, Jackson Valley Golf Club, and Hunter\'s Station Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Whispering Winds Campground, Allegheny National Forest, and Tionesta Natural Area.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Wesleyan Church of Warren and First Church of Nazarene).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,556, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,731, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,451, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.64%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sheffield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sheffield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Sheffield has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sheffield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Sheffield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.35%.