Senior Living in Shelton, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Shelton, CT: 06484
- Shelton scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Shelton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, Bridgeport Hospital, and Southwest Ct Mental Hlth Syst.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Apple Rehab Shelton Lakes, Pentegra Retirement Services - Northeast Location, and Benchmark Senior Living at Split Rock.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 490 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Oronoque Village Country Club, Harry R. Brownson Country Club, and Highland Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Indian Well State Park, Silver Sands State Park, and Kettletown State Park.
- There are 315 churches in or near the city, including St Lawrence Church, St Joseph\'s Parish Shelton Re, and St Margaret Mary Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 316 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 166 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,762, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,128, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,441, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shelton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Shelton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Shelton has an average population density of 1,291.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shelton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Shelton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.43%.