Senior Living in Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Shepherdstown, WV: 25443
- Shepherdstown scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Shepherdstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, City Hospital, and Martinsburg Va Medical Center.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Canterbury Center, Care Haven Center, and Silver Age Service.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Cress Creek Golf & Country Club, Woodbrier Golf Course, and Stonebridge Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Antietam National Battlefield, River Riders Inc, and Harpers Ferry.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Episcopal Church, St Peter Lutheran Parish House, and St Agnes Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $106,724, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,887, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,399, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.25%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shepherdstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Shepherdstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Shepherdstown has a sparse population density of 270.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shepherdstown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Shepherdstown has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.75%.