Senior Living in Sherrill, New York
Top zip codes in Sherrill, NY: 13461
- Sherrill scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Sherrill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oneida Healthcare, Lutheran Care, and The Rome Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Crystal Springs Golf Course, Oneida Community Golf Club, and Kanon Valley Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, Villages of the Turning Stone, and Mount Hope Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Gethsemane Episcopal Church, St Helena\'s Church, and Sherrill United Methodist Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,405, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,802, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,304, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sherrill receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sherrill has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Sherrill has an average population density of 1,330.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sherrill have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Sherrill has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.47%.