Senior Living in Shiloh, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Shiloh, NJ: 08353
- Shiloh scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Shiloh scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Jersey Hospital, Memorial Hospital Of Salem County, and South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cumberland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, South Jersey Extended Care, and Goldfinch House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Holly Hills Golf Club, Cohanzick Country Club, and Country Club of Salem.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cohanzick Zoo, Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ, and Parvin State Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including A Country House Electrolysis, Shiloh Seventh Day Baptist Chr, and Seventh Day Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,861, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,222, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,188, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.48%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shiloh receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Shiloh has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Shiloh has a sparse population density of 427.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shiloh have an average daily commute time.
- Shiloh has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.96%.