Senior Living in Shoemakersville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Shoemakersville, PA: 19555
- Shoemakersville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Shoemakersville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Surgical Institute Of Reading.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hearthstone at Maidencreek, Laurel Center, and Berks Leisure Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Perry Golf Course, Farview Greens Golf Club, and Willow Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Crystal Cave, Blue Rocks Family Campground, and Mountain Springs Camping Resort.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Zion\'s Evangelical Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran & Ucc, and Selfert James W Rev.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 147 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,240, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,267, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,185, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shoemakersville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Shoemakersville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Shoemakersville has a sparse population density of 249.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shoemakersville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Shoemakersville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.24%.