Senior Living in Shortsville, New York
Top zip codes in Shortsville, NY: 14548
- Shortsville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Shortsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic, F F Thompson Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ontario Arc, Ashton Place, and Ashton Place Senior Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Winged Pheasant Golf Links, Clifton Springs Country Club, and Crooked Pines Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hill Cumorah Visitors Center, Canandaigua / Rochester KOA, and Boom Towne Canine Campus.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church, St Dominic\'s Rectory, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,217, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,632, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,432, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shortsville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Shortsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Shortsville has a sparse population density of 141.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shortsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Shortsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.46%.