Senior Living in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Shrewsbury, MA: 01545
- Shrewsbury scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Shrewsbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Adcare Hospital Of Worcester Inc, Umass Memorial Medical Center, and Umass Memorial Medical Center Inc.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings, Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Notre Dame Health Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Worcester Green Hill Municipal Golf Club, Worcester Country Club, and Championship Course at Cyprian Keyes Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Green Hill Park, Elm Park, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- There are 147 churches in or near the city, including St Anne Catholic Church, St Mary\'s Pastoral Ctr, and Mt Olivet Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 180 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 142 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,959, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,079, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,294, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Shrewsbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Shrewsbury has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Shrewsbury has a dense population density of 1,702.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shrewsbury have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Shrewsbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.86%.