Senior Living in Silver Creek, New York
Top zip codes in Silver Creek, NY: 14136
- Silver Creek scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Silver Creek scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lake Shore Hospital and Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including T L C Health Network Lake Shore Hospital Nursing Facility, St Vincents Home, and Johnson Homes.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Rosebrook Golf Course, Tri-County Country Club, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Silver Creek Optical, Creekside Outdoors, and Evangola State Park.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including First United Church, St Anthony\'s Roman Catholic, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,018, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,194, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,529, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.55%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Silver Creek receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Silver Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Silver Creek has a sparse population density of 217.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Silver Creek have a short daily commute time.
- Silver Creek has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.58%.