Senior Living in Silver Springs, Florida
Top zip codes in Silver Springs, FL: 34488
- Silver Springs scores significantly lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Silver Springs scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Munroe Regional Medical Center, Ocala Regional Medical Center, and Munroe Regional Medical Center.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Springlake Village, Ocala Oaks Rehabilitation Center, and V and H Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Greens Executive Golf Course, Lake Diamond Golf & Country Club, and Country Club of Silver Springs Shores.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake Waldena Resort, Silver Springs, and Oklawaha Canoe Outpost & Resort Inc.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph-the Forest Mission, Cedar Creek Baptist Church, and Ocklawaha Bridge Baptist Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,205, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,127, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,466, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,185 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,250 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,138 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.50%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Silver Springs receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Silver Springs has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Silver Springs has a sparse population density of 107.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Silver Springs have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Silver Springs has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.40%.