Senior Living in Skaneateles, New York
Top zip codes in Skaneateles, NY: 13152
- Skaneateles scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Skaneateles scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Auburn Memorial Hospital and Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Athenaeum of Skaneateles, Faatz Crofut Home For The Elderly, and Northbrook Heights .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Dutch Hollow Country Club, Midlakes Club, and Pearl Lakes Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lourdes Camp, Emerson Park, and Ripley Hill Nature Preserve.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Costello Thomas J, St Mary\'s of the Lake, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $121,521, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,981, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,403, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Skaneateles receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Skaneateles has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Skaneateles has a sparse population density of 122.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Skaneateles have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Skaneateles has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.19%.