Senior Living in Skillman, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Skillman, NJ: 08558
- Skillman scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Skillman scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Medical Center At Princeton, Carrier Clinic, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Acorn Glen, Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center, and Noonon House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 424 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherry Valley Country Club, Bedens Brook Club, The, and Stonybrook Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Delaware and Raritan Canal, Sourland Mountain Preserve, and Herrontown Woods Arboretum.
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including St Charles Borromeo Rc Church, Ruisard David H, and Hopewell Presbyterian Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 148 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 135 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $236,801, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $176,995, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $77,993, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.96%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Skillman receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Skillman has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Skillman has a sparse population density of 397.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Skillman have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Skillman has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.79%.