Senior Living in Slatersville, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Slatersville, RI: 02876
- Slatersville scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Slatersville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rehabilitation Hospital, Landmark Medical Center, Inc, and Milford Regional Medical Center.
- There are 81 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blackstone Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Saint Antoine Residence, and Friendly Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 203 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 144 golf courses in or around the city, including Country View Golf Club, Edgewood Golf Club, and Blissful Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including West Hill Dam, Douglas State Forest, and Lincoln Woods State Park.
- There are 150 churches in or near the city, including Slatersville Congregational, St John the Evangelists Church, and St Augustine\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 99 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,019, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,041, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Slatersville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Slatersville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Slatersville has a dense population density of 3,385.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Slatersville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Slatersville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.