Senior Living in Slatington, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Slatington, PA: 18080
- Slatington scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Slatington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, Palmerton Hospital, and National Hospital For Kids.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pond View Manor Personal Care Home, The Village at Palmerton, and Liza\'s House .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 148 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Trexler Nature Preserve, and Allentown KOA.
- There are 102 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, United Presbyterian Church, and Assumption Rc Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,902, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,007, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,333, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Slatington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Slatington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Slatington has a sparse population density of 372.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Slatington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Slatington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.64%.