Senior Living in Slickville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Slickville, PA: 15684
- Slickville scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Slickville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Excela Health Westmoreland Regional Hospital, Jeannette District Mem Hosp, and Monsour Medical Center.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including William Penn, William Penn Care Center, and Brookdale Murrysville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 98 golf courses in or around the city, including First Nine/Second Nine Course at Cloverleaf Golf Club, Kiskiminetas Springs School Golf Course, and Blue/Red Course at Westmoreland Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bushy Run Battlefield, Keystone State Park, and Boyce Park.
- There are 89 churches in or near the city, including St Ambrose Rectory, Jehovah\'s Witness Avonmore Con, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,014, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $27,409, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,430, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Slickville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Slickville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Slickville has a sparse population density of 167.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Slickville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Slickville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.92%.