Senior Living in Smithfield, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Smithfield, KY: 40068
- Smithfield scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Smithfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Baptist Hospital Northeast and Jewish Hospital - Shelbyville).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Richwood Nursing & Rehab, Beehive Homes of Oldham County, and Baptist Health La Grange.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Henry County Country Club, Eagle Creek, and Oldham County Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Morgan Conservation Park and Yew Dell Botanical Gardens).
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Point Pleasant Christian Chr, La Grange Heights Baptist Chr, and De Haven Memorial Baptist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,792, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,110, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,760, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smithfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Smithfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Smithfield has a very sparse population density of 48.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smithfield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Smithfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.15%.