Senior Living in Smithfield, Maine
Top zip codes in Smithfield, ME: 04978
- Smithfield scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Smithfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Snow Pond Residential Care Center, Woodlawn Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Lakewood Continuing Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, Waterville Country Club, and Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Camp Matoaka, Round Top Trailhead, and Two Rivers Campground.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Smithfield Baptist Church, Riverside Worship Center, and Oakland United Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,153, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,339, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,079, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smithfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Smithfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Smithfield has a very sparse population density of 52.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smithfield have an average daily commute time.
- Smithfield has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.45%.