Senior Living in Smithfield, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Smithfield, PA: 15478
- Smithfield scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Smithfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fort Mason Village, Golden LivingCenter - Uniontown, and Marquis Gardens Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Springdale Golf Club, Mount Summit Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Rich Farms Garden, Laurel Caverns, and Friendship Hill National Historic Site.
- There are 40 churches in or near the city, including New Beginnings Family Worship, Smithfield United Methodist, and Mt Moriah Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,605, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,881, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,091, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.28%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smithfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Smithfield has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Smithfield has a sparse population density of 102.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smithfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Smithfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.58%.