Senior Living in Smithfield, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Smithfield, RI: 02917
- Smithfield scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Smithfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rehabilitation Hospital, St Joseph Health Services Of Ri, and Providence Va Medical Center.
- There are 117 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Smithfield, Hebert Nursing Home, and Cortland Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 565 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 141 golf courses in or around the city, including Lincoln Country Club, Fairlawn Golf Course, and Kirkbrae Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Woods State Park, Roger Williams National Memorial, and Prospect Terrace Park.
- There are 469 churches in or near the city, including Ocean State Baptist Church, Living Waters Foursquare Chr, and New Life Worship Ctr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 292 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 179 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,733, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,530, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,197, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.22%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smithfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Smithfield has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Smithfield has an average population density of 645.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smithfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Smithfield has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.02%.