Senior Living in Smithmill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Smithmill, PA: 16680
- Smithmill scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Smithmill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tyrone Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Courtyard, Epworth Manor, and Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Philipsburg Country Club, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Prince Gallitzin State Park).
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Parsonville Assembly of God, St Barbara Pncc Parish Hall, and Allemansville United Methodist.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,269, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,633, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.51%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smithmill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Smithmill has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Smithmill has a very sparse population density of 63.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smithmill have a very long daily commute time.
- Smithmill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.93%.