Senior Living in Smoketown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Smoketown, PA: 17576
- Smoketown scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Smoketown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Hosp Of Lancaster, Lancaster General Hospital, and Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Estates Retirement Community, Conestoga View Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Garden Court Apartments.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 220 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadia Heights Golf Club, Lancaster Host Golf Resort, and Willow Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Old Mill Stream Campground, Lancaster County Central Park, and Longs Park.
- There are 239 churches in or near the city, including Stumptown Mennonite Church, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 183 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 86 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,035, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,029, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,946, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Smoketown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Smoketown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Smoketown has a dense population density of 2,529.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Smoketown have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Smoketown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.96%.