Senior Living in Somersworth, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Somersworth, NH: 03878
- Somersworth scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Somersworth scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wentworth-douglass Hospital, Frisbie Memorial Hospital, and York Hospital.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple St Complex, Dover Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and DPL Retirement Advisors, LLC.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunningdale Golf Club, Cochecho Country Club, and Links at Outlook, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Garrison Hill Park, Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park, and Thompson Hall Lawn.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including St Marys Catholic Church, First Parish United Church, and St Martin\'s Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,939, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,421, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,048, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Somersworth receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Somersworth has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Somersworth has an average population density of 1,183.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Somersworth have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Somersworth has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.40%.