Senior Living in South Cairo, New York
Top zip codes in South Cairo, NY: 12482
- South Cairo scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- South Cairo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab, Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , and The Eliot at Catskill.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Catskill Golf Club, Blackhead Mountain Lodge & Country Club, and Rip Van Winkle Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including North/South Lake Campground, Olana State Historic Site, and Blue Mountain Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Ward Henry J, and Cornerstone Baptist Chr-E Drhm.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,539, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,335, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,955, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Cairo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- South Cairo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- South Cairo has a sparse population density of 307.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Cairo have an average daily commute time.
- South Cairo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.92%.