Senior Living in South Dennis, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in South Dennis, MA: 02660
- South Dennis scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- South Dennis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cape Cod Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Eagle Pond, Windsor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Thirwood Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (48% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Highlands Course at Dennis Highlands Golf Course, Blue Rock Golf Course, and Bass River Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Old Chatham Road RV Campground, Hart Farm, and Cape Cod Museum Of Natural History.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Cape Cod Covenant Church, Dennis Union Church, and Mid-cape Assembly of God.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 72 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 54 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,408, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,945, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,222, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Dennis receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- South Dennis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Dennis has an average population density of 812.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Dennis have a long daily commute time.
- South Dennis has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.52%.