Senior Living in South Fallsburg, New York
Top zip codes in South Fallsburg, NY: 12779
- South Fallsburg scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- South Fallsburg scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Catskill Regional Medical Center, Ellenville Regional Hospital, and Ellenville Community Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Gardens Apartments, John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, and Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Pines Hotel & Golf Club, The, Tarry Brae Golf Course, and The Challenger Course at Concord Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hilltop Farm Campsites, Holiday Mountain Ski Area, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, and United Methodist Churchof Mont.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,223, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,021, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,896, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Fallsburg receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- South Fallsburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Fallsburg has a sparse population density of 286.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Fallsburg have a very short daily commute time.
- South Fallsburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 60.60%.