Senior Living in South Gardiner, Maine
Top zip codes in South Gardiner, ME: 04359
- South Gardiner scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- South Gardiner scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maine General Alzheimer\'s Care Center, Arbor Terrace, and C B Mattson.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Kennebec Heights Country Club, Augusta Country Club, and Cobbossee Colony Golf.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including City of Gardiner, Boys & Girls Club of America, and Peacock Beach State Park.
- There are 90 churches in or near the city, including Randolph United Methodist Church, Dunstan Wm Rev, and Randolph United Methodist Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,658, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,611, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,001, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Gardiner receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- South Gardiner has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Gardiner has an average population density of 540.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Gardiner have a very long daily commute time.
- South Gardiner has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.54%.