Senior Living in South Gibson, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in South Gibson, PA: 18842
- South Gibson scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- South Gibson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Forest City Nursing and Rehab Center, Samuel J Bailey Apartments, and Barnes-Kasson County Hospital.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Panorama Golf Course, Lake Lorain Golf Club, and Scottish Glen Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Shady Rest Campground and Shore Forest Campground).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Acre Lake Baptist Church, Nicholson United Methodist Chr, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,536, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,718, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.23%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Gibson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- South Gibson has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- South Gibson has a very sparse population density of 67.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Gibson have a long daily commute time.
- South Gibson has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.72%.