Senior Living in South Mountain, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in South Mountain, PA: 17261
- South Mountain scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- South Mountain scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Waynesboro Hospital and Chambersburg Hospital).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Michaux Manor, Piney Court Apartments, and Laurel Care Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (55% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including South Mountain Golf Course, Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn, and Conocodell Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Mont Alto State Park, Caledonia Golf Club, and Caledonia State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Brownsville Church of God, Calvary Mennonite School, and Cornerstone Church of Christ.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $2,895, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Mountain receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- South Mountain has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Mountain has a very sparse population density of 80.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Mountain have a very short daily commute time.
- South Mountain has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.