Senior Living in South Ryegate, Vermont
Top zip codes in South Ryegate, VT: 05069
- South Ryegate scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- South Ryegate scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frances Atkinson Residence For The Retired, Grafton County Nursing Home, and On The Green RCF.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Bradford Golf Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Country Club of Barre.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bedell Bridge State Park, Seyon Ranch, and Big Deer State Park Campground.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Groton United Methodist Church, Barnet Center Presbyterian Chr, and New Hope Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,993, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,844, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Ryegate receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- South Ryegate has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Ryegate has a very sparse population density of 46.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Ryegate have a long daily commute time.
- South Ryegate has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.11%.