Senior Living in South Wellfleet, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in South Wellfleet, MA: 02663
- South Wellfleet scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- South Wellfleet scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Epoch Senior Healthcare of Brewster, Epoch Assisted Living at Brewster Place, and Maplewood at Brewster.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (55% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Cape Cod National Golf Club, Port Course at Captains Golf Course, The, and Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Sweetwater Forest Campground, Roland C. Nickerson State Park, and Cape Cod Museum Of Natural History.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Brewster Baptist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Our Lady of Cape.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- South Wellfleet receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- South Wellfleet has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- South Wellfleet has a sparse population density of 122.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of South Wellfleet have a very short daily commute time.
- South Wellfleet has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.