Senior Living in Southampton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Southampton, PA: 18966
- Southampton scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Southampton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary Medical Center, Warminster Hospital, and Livengrin Foundation.
- There are 180 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Symphony Manor of Feasterville, Twining Village, and Margaret Stewart.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 994 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 168 golf courses in or around the city, including Somerton Springs Golf Course, Northampton Valley Country Club, and Middletown Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Tyler State Park, Benjamin Rush State Park, and Lorimer Park.
- There are 342 churches in or near the city, including Davisville Baptist Church, Church of the Redemption, and St Bede\'s Rectory.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 374 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 333 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $106,449, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,919, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,902, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Southampton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Southampton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Southampton has a dense population density of 2,342.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Southampton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Southampton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.75%.