Senior Living in Southington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Southington, CT: 06489
- Southington scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Southington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, and Bristol Hospital.
- There are 134 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Orchards at Southington, Southington Care Center, and The Summit at Plantsville.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 552 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawk???s Landing Country Club, Southington Country Club, and Pine Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Wadsworth falls State Park. and Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum).
- There are 270 churches in or near the city, including Immaculate Conception Church, Central Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 352 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 171 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,233, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,964, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,455, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Southington receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Southington has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Southington has an average population density of 1,153.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Southington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Southington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.15%.