Senior Living in Spokane, Washington
- Spokane scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Spokane scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Lukes Rehab Institute, Deaconess Medical Center, and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.
- There are 113 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverview Retirement Communitity, Riverview Retirement Community, and Riverview Retirement Communitity.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 282 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Esmeralda Golf Course, Downriver Golf Course, and Pine Acres Par 3 Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Park Operations Division, Minnehaha Park, and B.A. Clark Park.
- There are 142 churches in or near the city, including St Peter Lutheran Church, Faith Baptist Academy, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 149 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 49 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,604, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,203, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,295, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,052 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Spokane receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Spokane has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Spokane has a dense population density of 2,722.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Spokane have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Spokane has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.12%.