Senior Living in Sprakers, New York
Top zip codes in Sprakers, NY: 12166
- Sprakers scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Sprakers scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palatine Nursing Home, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Marchand Manor Home For Adults.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Canajoharie Country Club, Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, and Fox Run Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Full-Tan Sun Club, Hide A Way Camp Sites, and George Landis Arboretum.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Ames-Sprout Brook Methodist, United Methodist Church, and St Johns-St Marks Lutheran Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,076, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,339, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,077, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.31%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sprakers receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sprakers has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Sprakers has a very sparse population density of 31.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sprakers have a very long daily commute time.
- Sprakers has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.20%.