Senior Living in Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Spring Grove, PA: 17362
- Spring Grove scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Spring Grove scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hanover Hospital, York Hospital, and Memorial Hospital York.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country View Acres Personal Care Retirement Home, Columbia Cottage - Hanover, and Skills of Central Pa.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 149 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Little Creek Golf Course, Hickory Heights Golf Club, and Bridges Golf Club, The.
- There is 1 park near the city center (River Valley Ranch (RVR)).
- There are 146 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant Hill Church, Christ Roth\'s Lutheran Church, and Old Paths Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 117 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,384, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,125, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,880, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Spring Grove receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Spring Grove has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Spring Grove has a sparse population density of 277.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Spring Grove have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Spring Grove has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.99%.