Senior Living in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Springfield scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Springfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Park View Specialty Hospital, Shriners Hospitals For Child, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vibra Hospital Of Western Massachusetts, Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, and Chapin Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 330 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 78 golf courses in or around the city, including Franconia Golf Course, Veterans Memorial Golf Course, and Twin Hills Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Springfield Armory, Chicopee Memorial State Park, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 197 churches in or near the city, including Mount Zion Baptist Church, St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, and Christian Hill Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 232 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 119 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,889, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,801, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,287, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Springfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Springfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Springfield has a dense population density of 5,244.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Springfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Springfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 75.11%.