Senior Living in Springville, New York
Top zip codes in Springville, NY: 14141
- Springville scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Springville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home , and Grand Meadows Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Springville Country Club, Concord Crest Golf Course, and Holland Hills Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sprague Brook County Park, Gooseneck Hill Waterfowl Sanctuary, and Griffis Sculpture Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Salem Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,912, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,744, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,865, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Springville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Springville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Springville has a sparse population density of 109.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Springville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Springville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.17%.