Senior Living in Springville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Springville, PA: 18844
- Springville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Springville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Tyler Hospital, Montrose General Hospital, and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samuel J Bailey Apartments, Dotti Lou Personal Care Home, and Lithia Valley Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, Scranton Canoe Club, and Stone Hedge Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Shore Forest Campground, Cozy Creek Family Campground, and Salt Springs Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including W Burlington United Methodist, United Methodist Church, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,543, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,621, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,045, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Springville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Springville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Springville has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Springville have an average daily commute time.
- Springville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.81%.