Senior Living in St Bonaventure, New York
Top zip codes in St Bonaventure, NY: 14778
- St Bonaventure scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- St Bonaventure scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eden Heights, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Absolut Care of Allegany.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (0% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Bonaventure Golf Course, Castle Inn Golf Course, and Bartlett Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Oak Hill Park, Rock City Park, and Riverhurst Park Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including G & C Counter Tops, MT Zion Christian Assembly, and Elwell Charles W.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $19,433, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $18,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $3,792, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.81%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- St Bonaventure receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- St Bonaventure has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- St Bonaventure has a dense population density of 3,501.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Bonaventure have a very short daily commute time.
- St Bonaventure has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.33%.