Senior Living in St Johnsbury, Vermont
Top zip codes in St Johnsbury, VT: 05819
- St Johnsbury scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- St Johnsbury scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp, and Littleton Regional Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Canterbury Inn, Sunset Home, and St Johnsbury House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain, Sugar Ridge RV Village-Campground, and Great Vermont Corn Maze.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Salvation Army, Universalist Unitarian Church, and St John Evangelist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,629, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,115, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,162, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- St Johnsbury receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- St Johnsbury has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- St Johnsbury has a sparse population density of 103.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Johnsbury have a very short daily commute time.
- St Johnsbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.89%.