Senior Living in St Louis, Missouri
- St Louis scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- St Louis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 31 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Louis University Hospital, St Louis Children\'s Hospital, and Barnes Jewish Hospital.
- There are 208 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Park Care Center, Royal Oaks Nursing and Rehab, LLC, and Central Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 986 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Triple \\A\\\" Golf & Tennis Club\", Forest Park Golf Course -Forest Park, and Ruth Park Golf Club.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Forest Park, Brookings Quadrangle, and Missouri Botanical Garden.
- There are 593 churches in or near the city, including St Ambrose Church, Tower Grove Baptist Church, and Compton Heights Baptist Church.
- There are 34 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 523 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 255 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,059, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,789, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,666, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,564 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,510 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,551 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,163 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- St Louis receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- St Louis has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- St Louis has a dense population density of 3,967.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Louis have an average daily commute time.
- St Louis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.18%.