Senior Living in St Michael, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in St Michael, PA: 15951
- St Michael scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- St Michael scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Lee Regional, Windber Hospital, and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - Richland, Harmony House Manor, and Brookside Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Windber Country Club, Richland Greens Golf Center, and Maple Crest Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Johnstown Flood National Memorial, Woodland Park, and Stackhouse Park.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including St Michael Catholic Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Salix Bethel United Methodist.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $37,416, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,219, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,706, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.53%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- St Michael receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- St Michael has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- St Michael has a sparse population density of 418.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Michael have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- St Michael has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.14%.