Senior Living in St Thomas, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in St Thomas, PA: 17252
- St Thomas scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- St Thomas scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fulton County Medical Center, Fulton County Medical Center, and Chambersburg Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greystone Manor Retirement Home, Morrow House, and Providence Place of Chambersburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Majestic Ridge Golf Club, and Chambersburg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Enoch Brown Memorial Park, Buchanan\'s Birthplace State Park, and Cowans Gap State Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Brandt\'s Church of Brethren, Trinity Church of Christ, and Upton Church of Brethren.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,719, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,339, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,327, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- St Thomas receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- St Thomas has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- St Thomas has a sparse population density of 129.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Thomas have a long daily commute time.
- St Thomas has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.53%.