Senior Living in Stanley, New York
Top zip codes in Stanley, NY: 14561
- Stanley scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Stanley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Geneva General Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and F F Thompson Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ontario Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Ferris Hills at West Lake, and Clark Meadows at Ferris Hills.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Geneva Country Club, Seneca Lake Country Club, and Big Oak Public Golf Course -North Nine.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Geneva Recreation Complex, Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park, and Seneca Lake State Park.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Seneca Castle United Meth Ch, and Adams James H.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,895, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,023, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,436, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stanley receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Stanley has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Stanley has a very sparse population density of 59.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stanley have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Stanley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.89%.