Senior Living in Star, Idaho
Top zip codes in Star, ID: 83669
- Star scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Star scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including West Valley Medical Center, Treasure Valley Hospital, and Bhc Intermountain Hospital.
- There are 115 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Markham Residential Care, Country Time Assisted Living, and Autumn Cove.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 313 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Centennial Golf Course, Championship Course at Ridgecrest Golf Course, and Broadmore Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Eagle Island State Park, Zamzows Chinden, and Reid Merrill Park.
- There are 177 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Ancient Baptist Church, and Brown Donald J Reverend.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 112 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 46 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,400, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,558, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,178, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Star receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Star has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Star has a sparse population density of 372.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Star have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Star has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.55%.